Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Weaver side mount

usmc0332

http://www.lockstock.com/prodinfo.asp?number=WEA48401

I was thinking this might be a cool mount for an M-N and keep the rifle sites. I think the price is nice, but are they a piece of junk? I have other projects I need to work on (parts to get), but I am inflicted with mosinsporteritis lately. I like these strange/fun guns.

Sonic, First off very nice looking rifle. I got a 44 all the metal is near perfect but the wood not that great. The open sights are a bit fuzzy and I'm not that crzzy about the cantalever mounts. How did you go about D&T for the mount? Where did you get the stock? It really looks good from what I can seee of it. Who did the bolt and if not you do you mind telling me who and how much. I only paid $50 for it but I started reloading for it and have grown to like it. As it is though with the sights set as low asit goes I'm still 6" high at 100yds. Again nice job.

I have seen that Richards and Boyds inlet for M-Ns, among others. I can't say where, possibly on here, somewhere I saw an article on altering front sights. They took the site off, drove the site pin out of the site, changed the contour of the site pin to fit higher in the site. They also tapered the point of the pin, then drove it back in and reinstalled it. I have a 91/30 that could use this treatment. I have read that the Mojo Microclick site has a lot of adjustment. They look cool, but seem pricy to me. Here is an article about them. http://www.surplusrifle.com/reviews/mojomicroclick/index.asp

There is a guy that sells bent bolts on Ebay. I posted an auction from him in the M-N section yesterday.

Thanks for posting the pics Sonic. The mount looks better than I thought it would. That is a sharp looking rifle. The pics answered a lot of questions for me. A clean workbench generally is one not used much. If everything is put away, it just takes longer to dump out coffee cans looking for stuff. Thanks.

MARKTX

it"s a 1# weaver base mounted with 8-32 screws...just assemby the base and sidemount with the scope ....

clamp it on ,move it around till the scopes is were its to your liking mark holes ,drill.tap....gun and mount is sprayed with duracoat matte black

Yup, the over-the-center mount works fine. Lock, Stock, & Barrel has high shipping prices.

There always has to be a catch. Low price=high shipping. I have learned to watch for that one playing on Ebay.