Military Firearm Restoration Corner

model 94 winchester restock and barrel pictures

swamp_thing

This is probably a bit out of place, but here is a model 94 winchester post 64 that I got awhile back. The stock set was about completely worthless and the barrel was junk. I got a new barrel and magazine tube set from gunparts for a ted williams model real cheap. I also had a nice piece of maple that had been drying for about a year. Rebarreled it and made the maple stock, which I finished with tung oil only for the natural maple color. The two piece stocks are not too hard to make from scratch, but I have not attempted to do so with a one piece stock so far.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Beautiful rifle!! I know from first hand experience it is hard to get a decent picure of light maple. I helped a friend a few months ago try and get a picture of an antique tea cart he put on Ebay. If you happen to have it out again try a picture in natural sunlight, preferably on an overcast day.

Building that stock from scratch really makes a statement of your skills, something to be really proud of.

Thanks fella's for the responses on this one. Makes my day that others appreciate the efforts put in on a project like this. It is hard to get a good picture of the maple like that and I will try to get more later following your suggestions. I just wanted to say thanks again for the comments. swamp thing