Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Python's

ShooterTom

My other addiction. It stinks having two. I showed on the other forum, some I had before I moved but sold. Here are a couple I picked up recently.

Both are Royal Pythons or Ball Pythons. My Son wanted one that he wouldn't be afraid to hold. These are pretty much lap dogs of the Python world, Very docile.

My male he is a sub adult not full grown yet.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Shoot...thonroyalm2.jpg

Another of the Male

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Shoot...thonroyalm1.jpg

Here is my baby female born this year. sorry pic is a bit fuzzy.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Shoot...thonroyalf2.jpg

Another of her

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Shoot...thonroyalf1.jpg

Ooo, cool, ShooterTom....

I should get into snakes too...I need a new purse and some shoes! tongue.gif

Just kidding!

I really actually do like snakes, though probably not as much as y'all do! Some friends of mine used to raise boa constrictors, and I enjoyed handling, and particularly feeding them!

Non-poisonous snakes are my favorites...if confronted with a poisonous snake, one of us is going to have to die! Thankfully, in my experiences with poisonous snakes they will usually go away before I have to deal with them...they don't want to see me any more than I want to see them!

Your pythons are quite lovely...particularly the young female...but they both look well-loved and healthy!

Feeding them is one of my favorite parts too. Before I moved I raised my own rats in my garage. That was almost as fun as keeping the snakes. This time around I just buy them frozen. I don't get as much grief from my wife that way.

Now if this was Them's fightin words I would probably comment about being suprised that you would kill a venomous snake, In regards that you have so much in common. Like the two of you being kindred spirits. Since it's not, I won't. Besides being nice with you is giving me the warm fuzzys blink.gif

Tom

Well, don't make a habit of getting the warm, fuzzies with me...I hate to have to think about that when I am trying to go for the jugular!

Yeah, feeding the snakes was cool...I would put the rat in a bag and then stun it by bashing it on the counter, and drop it into the boa's enclosure as the boas liked to eat living food, but my friends didn't want their snakes bitten by the rats.

As I lived near the pet store where my friends usually got their rats, on occasion I would stop by and pick up the rats for them. Once the store was out of rats and I substituted a teddy bear hamster, that didn't go over real well with one of my friends...personally, I didn't really see that much of a difference, and as fast as that boa ate it, clearly the snake didn't either! I think that if women are going to go all queasy around the feeding of snakes, they shouldn't have them. I certainly don't mean your wife, with whom you have reached a compromise, I actually mean my friends! LOL!

With frozen I just use long tweezers and put on a show for my snakes. As long as the rat is warm they don't know the difference. There is a twisted satisfaction of bashing a rat though, isn't there? Hey the only good hamster is a dead one right?

Oh and dont feel bad about the jugular. I have a thick neck it will take awhile for you to get to it tongue.gif

Tom