Military Firearm Restoration Corner

myspace.com

FC

Please do not allow anyone you know sign up for www.myspace.com. That place is beyond putrid filth. If the young adults and teens that post there are the future of the nation we'd might as well close up shop as far as the future of the USA goes. If you are curious just go over there and look.

myspace.com is a very unregulated free webhosting service for people. To sign up all you need is an email address, they fund their sight by selling advertising space, everytime someone clicks on an advertisement myspace.com gets a few fractions of a cent or something.

I actually have an account with myspace.com and haven't experienced any "putrid filth" yet, but given the unregulated nature of the place I'm sure it exists, I don't really care for the "meet people in your area" advertisements, I'm already married.

I spend most of my time there working on problems with the "Chemistry Club" and browsing through the homebrew groups and it got me back in touch with some guys from High School, so it isn't all bad.

However, allowing a child unfettered access to the internet is never a good idea, the internet really is what you make of it.

Jimro

Yeah, FC, myspace and livejournal are pretty bad. My best friend's 19 year old daughter is on myspace and she meets all sorts of questionable characters from there. I hope the kid makes it to 20. As for livejournal, I have a friend whom I've known for 26 years and she has a page at lj that is completely and utterly shocking...even for me, and I thought I was unshockable!

Some of these websites seem to cater to the most insecure people in the world, both my best friend's daughter and my old friend seem to fit the main demographics of the respective sites. It's really sad if you ask me.

Putrid filth I can deal with, I just don't have to look at it, but watching these people I care about deluding themselves into thinking that these sites are somehow self-affirming is a tragedy.

The problem I have with these sites is simple. You don't know who it is you are meeting.

Some of the people may well be ok, many I fear may not be. Young people tend to be trusting and this can be very dangerous when dealing with untrustworthy types.

This is what comes of 40 years of "if it feels good, do it".

Karl

OK, I saw these clowns and all I can do is yawn. It's boring...except maybe the site that was playing The Weathergirls' "It's raining men" -- lol!

I wouldn't want to censor these fools from their noxious scrawlings however. I guess the only thing I can hope is that they are all playing as safely as possible, and minimizing their risk around contracting some disease or passing one on. I still think it's all so sad and an incredible waste of bandwidth, but then again, some of them probably think that about us, and I don't think we give a rip either!

Sex? Surely you are exaggerating, FC, kids and stunted adults don't waste their precious time blathering on endlessly about sex on a website? Of COURSE they do! Nothing anyone says is going to change it either. All YOU need to do FC is try like the devil to keep your girls away from that stuff so that it doesn't rot their beautiful minds. In cases like yours, or for anyone who has younger children, knowledge IS power, and you MUST stay one step ahead in order to preserve their peace of mind for as long as possible. There's a lot of stupidity out there, I know that with the effort that you will provide, you will protect your girls as long as you possibly can from it.

As I was viewing the sites at the links you provided, I was using my friend's livejournal site as my benchmark to compare...there is STILL no comparison, my friend's site is much, MUCH worse. My friend has teenaged sons and what appears to most people to be a "normal" life in TX. If her sons ever accidentally stumbled onto the content of those pages about their mother, they would be traumatized and need therapy for LIFE! This is what the quest for sex does to people, it clouds their judgment and makes them seem like animals with keyboards. No better. I am by no means a prude, but I do believe in good manners and tact around things, sex included, particularly, as I've said, when children are involved. To be honest, if I had kids of my own, I would be so completely stressed out around the possibility of them possibly "seeing" my "other" life, that I don't think that I would be able to ENJOY the other life! That, or my friend has a serious (figurative)

"pair"!

Stay away from those places, FC, they'll do you a harm!

I skimed the why was he a bad lay message. I just dont get it how hard is it for these guys to be good in bed? Heck I put the moves on my Wife and five minutes later im done and pleased and off to sleep. To me it was no big deal to get satsified? Oh well *shrug* she must meet the wrong guys? :)

Tom

Shooter Tom --

With the timeframe of your seduction being, as you indicated, 5 minutes, do you even have time for "moves", plural? I would think it'd only be a "move".

LOL!

I am totally hoping, for your wife's sake, that you are kidding anyway!

Shooter Tom --

With the timeframe of your seduction being, as you indicated, 5 minutes, do you even have time for "moves", plural? I would think it'd only be a "move".

LOL!

I am totally hoping, for your wife's sake, that you are kidding anyway!

Im dead serious, Hey she told me 5 minutes is all she can stand from me! Hows that for being a stud!

The Ladies Man, Tom