Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Supply of 223 ...

Gothmog

What's it like down in your area?

We appear to be suffering a bit of a shortage in Canada .... my suppliers are being told: "There's a war on, you know ...". Some of them are now engaging in the slow, tortuous process of importing from overseas.

I've been told by two different suppliers that the war is causing a shortage of .223 and I should be stockpiling truckloads now while I can. Was also told by the same people that 7.62x39 supply would dry up also for the same reason. But I have no trouble finding both and I don't see the military switching to the commercial stuff or 25 year old surplus any time soon.

Methinks they try to use the war as an excuse to sell more and maybe squeeze in a little price increase. In several years there may be a tighter supply of 90's and 00's era surplus due to current expenditures.

I remember reading somewhere that current US 5.56x45 production capabilities ranges up into the millions of cartridges per day. If that is true, I don't think we'll run out any time in the foreseeable future...