Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Remington 3006

TLynn

Emmett Dunham

(6/5/05 11:52)

Reply Remington 3006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just purchased a M1917 enfield sportrized rifle that has no military markings on it anywhere except under the bolt handle, I thought the rifle may be a model 30 but it is not marked with the model number. The rifle came with a Chief 3x scope and no front sight. The stock is a beautful Herters walnut stock. I thought that this rifle may be a rifel modifyed by Herters or some Remington that is off the wall.

Remington wanted a picture of the rifle to I.D. it, I thought there maybe someone here who may be able to I.D. this rifle.

Emmett

AzRednek

(6/5/05 12:22)

Reply Re: Remington 3006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emmet I'm speculating, chances are good with the thousands of Enfields that were dumped on the US market after WW2 your's is likely sportorized 1917. To the best of my knowledge Remington never made a Model 30 without iron sights. Herters did sell surplus arms, possibly they sold it with a stock. Any way you can post a picture??

tinkerfive

(6/5/05 21:40)

if it is a 1917, than if you take the scope base off of the

front ring you should find the markins you need.

1917's and 1914's are stamped at just about 12:00 on the

front ring.

At least that is where mine are stamped.

Tinker

Emmett Dunham

(6/5/05 21:43)

No pictures at this time. The barrel has the same markings on it as the model 30, Springfield 30 cal 1906 at the receiver on the left side, the same prof marks in a row on the right side as the model thirty and the Remington Company name and location mid way up the barrel. The receiver at the front were you would find U.S., date of manufacture, manufacture name and serial number there is only R E with a circle around it, below this on the right side is the serial number.

Thanks for any info!

Emmett

tanglewood16137

(6/5/05 22:17)

Well Emmet I have 2 of them and its a remington made P 14 enfield action both have re in a oval on front receiver ring. it was probably built of parts in 50's or 60's.

Rod

Emmett Dunham

(6/6/05 19:52)

Thank, you

Any further info will be consumed.

Emmett