I Am Meth

FC

My Name: "Is Meth"

>

> I destroy homes, I tear families apart, take your children, and that's

>just the start.

>

>I'm more costly than diamonds, more precious than gold,

>The sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.

>

>

>If you need me, remember I'm easily found,

> I live all around you - in schools and in town

>

> I live with the rich; I live with the poor,

> I live down the street, and maybe next door.

>

> I'm made in a lab, but not like you think,

> I can be made under the kitchen sink.

>

> In your child's closet, and even in the woods,

> If this scares you to death, well it certainly should.

>

> I have many names, but there's one you know best,

> I'm sure you've heard of me, my name is crystal meth.

>

> My power is awesome; try me you'll see,

> But if you do, you may never break free.

>

> Just try me once and I might let you go,

> But try me twice, and I'll own your soul.

>

> When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie,

> You do what you have to -- just to get high.

>

> The crimes you'll commit for my narcotic charms

> Will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms.

>

>You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad,

>When you see their tears, you should feel sad.

>

>But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised,

>I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.

>

>I take kids from parents, and parents from kids,

>I turn people from God, and separate friends.

>

>I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride,

>I'll be with you always -- right by your side.

>

>You'll give up everything - your family, your home,

>Your friends, your money, then you'll be alone.

>

>I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give,

>When I'm finished with you, you'll be lucky to live.

>

>If you try me be warned - this is no game,

>If given the chance, I'll drive you insane.

>

>I'll ravish your body, I'll control your mind,

>I'll own you completely, your soul will be mine.

>

>The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed,

>The voices you'll hear, from inside your head.

>

>The sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see,

>I want you to know, these are all gifts from me.

>

>But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart,

>That you are mine, and we shall not part.

>You'll regret that you tried me, they always do,

>

>But you came to me, not I to you.

>You knew this would happen, many times you were told,

>

> But you challenged my power, and chose to be bold.

> You could have said no, and just walked away,

>

>If you could live that day over, now what would you say?

>

>I'll be your master, you will be my slave,

>I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave.

>

>Now that you have met me, what will you do?

>Will you try me or not? It's all up to you.

>

>I can bring you more misery than words can tell,

> Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell.

>

>If you care enough, please forward this profound poem and

>share the deadly outcome of this drug that is killing our Young people &

>even our old.

I took care of a 37 y/o in Nebraska once who was a meth addict. Her kids lived with her mom, her boyfriend was abusive. She tried to break free, but meth owned her. She left the hospital by sneaking out. She still had her implanted central IV line in. Her doctor, a true gentleman, never got paid because she didn't sign the medicaid. She was under his care in the hospital at least three weeks.

I say legalize it.

Then all the meth heads can use to their heart's content and when they die it'll be "chlorine" for the gene-pool.

I just don't want them driving on any road I'm on.

Guest Jason

I have seen what meth does to good people who make that mistake. I have watched a friend drop 60 lbs and piss away a job, a girlfriend, and daughter because he made that mistake. He has recovered, but it was not easy.

I believe the government should redouble their efforts to find all these meth labs and burn them down. Then, linch all the meth cooks in the town's square. That may be inhumane, but what the meth pushers sell is far worse. Meth is the new crack, only far worse.

Yes, it is bad stuff. Two possible solutions are: 1. Admit defeat in regulating drugs, legalize or decriminalize all illicit drugs, give them away in a LD100 dose, refuse to treat drug overdoses. Problem takes care of itself in a few years. 2. The Chineese approach of killing them all and letting God sort it out. User, dealers, all of them. This is how the Commie Chineese solved thier opium problem.

What we are doing now, which is neither and both, is ineffective and never will work. However, the government has a vested interest in not solving the drug problem. Solve it and that 2or 3% of our population now under the CJ system won't be. That's 2% more you do not have total control over. Police, prisons, etc. are a growth industry. You'll knock out a major sector of our economy. The payoffs that the politicians receive now will stop. Just like in prohibition, the major drug lords have no interest in drugs being legalized. It would put them out of the drug business, and just like after prohibition, they will enter politics.

There are meth labs all over Arkansas. There are several (at least) within 1 mile of me. The cops really don't care. I've seen new reports of the cops saying they would rather bust the dealers in sting (buying) deals than the labs because when they bust a lab, they have to clean up the mess (EPA).

Dr.Hess

I say legalize it.

Then all the meth heads can use to their heart's content and when they die it'll be "chlorine" for the gene-pool.

I just don't want them driving on any road I'm on.

I don't want them on my road either, we already have enough Nascar wannabees traveling it every single day.

If they would just simply die, it would be OK with me, but I see them coming to our public funded health care facilities (after they are picked up from the road). We do not need that, and if they legalize it, they will come.

One thing I did not notice in the previous posts (unless I missed it) is the fact that a child born to these addicts may be addicted also, through no fault of their own. So even if their parents die, the problem still exists.

fritz

My wife and I each had a hard run on the stuff when we were younger. Being as I was younger first, I was fortunate enough to have been available at a time I could help her. I would have never believed that she would become my wife. Plus the fact that she has put up with me for 11 years of marriage, another miracle. It is all a testimony to the fact that there is someone that is bigger than any problem in this world. That crap pollutes this northern country also. I have even pointed out people(discreetly) to my 11 year old daughter as examples of what drugs will do to you. I imagine that day of serious discussion about it all is very close at hand with her. I am very glad to be raising kids in a small town (3500pop).

I know, you guys are right...I was just being, well...me.

Forgive the blase attitude.

Wuss!! I was all ready to agree with you. Then you back down!! Spineless noodle!!

I agree with Dr. Hess too. There is too much money being made to ever legalize it.

Tom

"I agree with Dr. Hess too. There is too much money being made to ever legalize it."

The same holds true in the minds of the coyotes who are making big money smuggling in illegal immigrants.

They say that legalizing immigrants will cut into their charges for smuggling.

Makes sense, if a Mexican can come in legally, why pay a coyote so much to transport them? They can just take the bus, maybe Bush will even arrange for a regularly scheduled bus trip into this country. No need to even stop at the checkpoints anymore, just keep on truckin!

fritz