Military Firearm Restoration Corner

From The Patriot

FC

From The Patriot

"More to the heart of most Americans' concerns, how can a nation fighting a war on terror NOT seal its borders?" —Kathleen Parker ++ "Because we do not communicate to our immigrants, legal and illegal, that they have joined something special, some of them, understandably, get the impression they've joined not a great enterprise but a big box store. A big box store on the highway where you can get anything cheap. It's a good place. But it has no legends, no meaning, and it imparts no spirit." —Peggy Noonan

"America has now produced at least two generations of post-WWII children who have grown up with a sense of entitlement to perpetual adolescence. There are vast wellsprings of immaturity, irresponsibility and selfishness in these generations, and their children are the proof." —Laura Hirschfeld Hollis

"What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and halfway between what you want it to say?" —Justice Antonin Scalia

"[T]he more left one goes, the more one is likely to encounter people who substitute 'social justice' for personal morality." —Dennis Prager

"The line here is 'respect.' Everybody's busy professing their 'respect': We all 'respect' Islam; presidents and prime ministers and foreign ministers, lapsing so routinely into the deep-respect-for-the-religion-of-peace routine they forget that cumulatively it begins to sound less like 'Let's roll!' and too often like 'Let's roll over!' —Mark Steyn

"More to the heart of most Americans' concerns, how can a nation fighting a war on terror NOT seal its borders?" —Kathleen Parker ++ "Because we do not communicate to our immigrants, legal and illegal, that they have joined something special, some of them, understandably, get the impression they've joined not a great enterprise but a big box store. A big box store on the highway where you can get anything cheap."

It appears to be a lack of communication here. Maybe we need more bilingual border security people?

Or maybe just more border security people, regardless of what language they speak, as long as they enforce the LAW!

The Patriot used to be a mouthpiece for the Bush administration, but I see them finally seeing the light.

fritz

I met a guy in the middle of South Dakota last year on the road to Sturgis. He said he was a former INS agent. He said that when he joined, they told him he would be in 1 shootout a month, on average. He spoke Spanish. It was a f'ed up mess, including Mexicans shooting up the brand new Surburban he was in with a M2 50 on the back of a truck on one of his first nights on the border.

I don't know why they let it get this bad. The only thing I can think of is that with the baby boomers (of which I am on the tail end) starting to retire and no one to pay for all the benefits that have become "entitlements", they are trying to bring in all the Mexicans to pay for it all. That isn't going to happen.

Dr.Hess

"I don't know why they let it get this bad. The only thing I can think of is that with the baby boomers (of which I am on the tail end) starting to retire and no one to pay for all the benefits that have become "entitlements", they are trying to bring in all the Mexicans to pay for it all. That isn't going to happen. "

Of course it ain't going to happen, because the Mexicans do not pay taxes. They somehow get a job here using a fake SS number (if the greedy employer even requires one). Then they send most of their wages home to Mexico. How do you think their kin folks get the dinero to pay a coyote?

Even if they are subject to income tax (and this comes from a hispanic friend who worked with them) they claim a dozen dependents. The fact that they do NOT have a dozen and that those don't live in this country never gets investigated. A dozen dependents allows them enough deduction to avoid the tax. They are helping the greedy employer make more money, and not contributing to the cost of running this country and the healthcare of their offspring. Try that one, my friend.

And some folks think they are dumb!

fritz