Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Church Member Dead In Iraq

FC

Our Sunday school teacher sang in the choir while I got prayer requests early on. He came in and said one of our recently deployed musicians was the first killed in our church in Iraq. I don't know his name; it's a large church. One young guy has no legs from the war.

Today I was told I might have to go back, but since I plan to go back to the reserves next summer I "probably won't go". Since there's so few military I am not holding my breath. When the boss told me I didn't feel so good inside, but you do what you have to do.

Tony,

What the Army does (in it's infinite wisdom) makes no sense.

You should know that by now.

Vaya con Dios, my friend

fritz

BTW, M-A-S-H comes on the tube in a half hour, and I can only picture the Army treating you the same way it did Hawkeye in that fictional epic.

You aren't Hawkeye, are you? Even though some fellows here dislike the series, I like it. The Army will never change.

Tony,

When I made my secound trip to Veit Nam I had the same feeling in my gut. You know what kind of stuff you are facing were as before everything was blank. It's a tough row to hoe, but you just have to face it and go on. I for one pray you don't have to face this again but I know you are man enough to do so if required.

Swamprat

Thank you. I don't want to go to that hell-hole, but you just do what you have to do.

I forgot to say that the guy was killed instantly by an IED.

My wife's son is pulling gate guard duty, so at least he's not on the road right now. He's in Fallujah. I read about Ramadi having all kinds of excitement with car bomber wannabe's lately.