Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Ex-girlfriend

spec4 e4

Have anyone ran into your old high school ex-girlfriend? I did when I was at my brother viewing in Arkansas. I could not believed it. Look like she was rode hard and put away wet a few times. Her teeth was black and looks ready to fall out of her mouth. She is pencil thin and hollow looking. And she is only 34 years old. I would like know what the _ _ _ _ I was smoking at the time. And what I ever saw in her. I felt she did me an favor when she dump me. Thank God for unanswer prays.

spec.4

P.S. I have an better wife then she is to her husband and my wife rub it in too.

Sounds like meth may be involved.

I was thinking the same thing.

Count your blessings!

Yeah, I would say it was meth, in a bad way too. They call it "Meth Mouth." It is all over Arkansas. Everywhere, I guess, but all over here. I used to find empty pseudophedrine blisterpacks on my road all the time. Slowed down a little after they made people show a driver's license to buy it.

Dr.Hess

When I was in grad school I was head over for a gal who lived in Portland, I was in Corvallis. She dumped me for some lamer who had just finished a novel from a female's perspective. I don't know how that panned-out for her, I hope well, but I'm pretty-sure not. I shoulda known right then that I had dodged a howitzer, but at the time I took it really hard.

I bellyached to my uncle who had just retired and was having fun with my aunt driving his RV around visiting everyone. He was a large animal vet in Eastern Oregon, and a hellraiser when young, but settled down to be productive and wise. He was out visiting my aunt on the Oregon coast after my dumpage, and since I didn't have anything better to do and was depressed, I went out to visit the geezers. We made crab traps out of 2L soda bottles, baited with chicken guts, and cast them off the beach (it actually worked pretty well). I told him all about my troubles and he told me that I shouldn't worry because the right one would come along when I least expected it. He told me I was wasting time worrying about it and that I just had to get busy with other things until the time was right.

About a year later I met my wife and I'll be dammed if I didn't know immediately that it was "right".

I believe I can identify with the sentiments here as I know I've had more than my share of breaken hearts and dissappointments.

And yet, as I look back, I can always feel good that the situation with ole' what's-her-name did not work out. I consider my situation, where she usually is, and what things would be like had I stuck with her or managed to catch her and in all situations, I seem to come out ahead being without her.

In truth, I neither see nor miss any of my high school girlfriends. One of them found me online about two months ago and she's married, strugglin' (as we say around here), and has really let herself go. Her husband could be me - but thankfully he ain't.

Ask anyone who knows me reasonably well and they'll tell you how much I was head-over-heels for this one woman I knew while in college. A friend and fellow poster here gave me some of the sagest advice I've ever been handed - be young; live now and forget her - and I'll be dashed if he wasn't right! I see where she's at now and man am I glad I didn't fall for her completely. And I'll tell you...I had a job interview for a good job four weeks ago - one that paid well and had lots of security. She really showed me her true stripes with how much she's been sniffing around to see if I've landed that job yet or not. I wonder if will break her heart to learn that I didn't get it; or at the very least, reckon she'll quit calling me?

One of the hardest lessons I've learned is quit worrying about things I can't influence. I haven't met the one yet...I put that in His hands and it will happen in His time. Until then, I guess I'm just along for the ride. In the mean time, I do thank God for lots of unanswered prayers!

like I said that I thank God every nite for the unanswer preys that I wish back then. I am glad the she dump me because she is an weak minded woman. I married someone from my childhood and she has been always there, but I did not see it till she kissed me that one night. then it hit me like an tons of bricks. I got lucky. She even help me get new toys. She bought an old shotgun one night and told me that she had something for me when I get home. It was an Mossberg 195K 20 ga. that in need of some TLC. What an wife. She going to start driving with me in mid July. I got very lucky when she "slap" me silly

spec.4