Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Re: "steeples"

roscoedoh

I spent last weekend with some old family friends and helped them build 400 ft of bobwire fence.

The fencing wasn't bad with all four of us doing it. They already had the posts planted and all we had to do was string the wire and affix it to the posts.

And, with the recent post we had about the nails of the U shaped nails I used to mount the wire to the wooden posts. I mentioned that I'd heard them called steeples and I thought I'd never hear the end of it... "Its staples son - not steeples."

Apparently that's what we call them East Texas...

so you bought the wire from "bob"? :-) i may have called it bob wire in the past, but always written it barbed.... and never heard of steeples until you crazy guys! :-)

It's barbed wire actually. But everyone around me pronounces it "bobwire" so that's what I wrote it up as...

And although we spell them "staples" when we have to, we use "steeples" when we use them.

Makes it easier for a wetback to understand what you are talking about.

Disclaimer: I do not use wetback labor (besides, those fellows don't want farm jobs anymore, they have higher paying jobs waiting for them in Houston.)

Thanks to you, taxpayer dummy! (from my post in another topic, no connection to you here).

fritz