Military Firearm Restoration Corner

A Bit Of Humor

fritz

Four women were driving across the country. Each one was from a different place: Idaho, Nebraska, Texas and Mexico.

Shortly after the trip began, the woman from Idaho started pulling potatoes from her bag and throwing them out of the window. "What the hell are you doing?" demanded the Nebraskan."We have so many of these damn things in Idaho, I am just sick of looking at them!

"A moment later, the gal from Nebraska began pulling ears of corn from her bag and tossing them from the window. "What are you doing that for?" asked the gal from Texas."We have so many of these things in Nebraska, I am just sick of looking at them!

"Inspired, the gal from Texas opened the car door and pushed the Mexican out.

fritz

Humor aside for a moment.

I read in the paper today that the congress is looking at a national ID card to determine who is legal and who is not.

While this won't mean schitt to me, it may to some of you still working. You will need to have this card to obtain employment, and it amounts to a "super social security card".

This all was mentioned in an article that warned employers that strict enforcement of the illegal immigrants being hired was coming, indeed has already happened.

Since there is no way to determine who is legal or illegal without the card (supposedly) every worker will need to have a card.

I don't for a minute think that this will pass, but we are so damned hard pressed now for answers that we are getting ridiculous.

Just build the damned wall! And that has been passed, by the way. A lot of dineros can be made by building that 360 mile wall (plus another 500 miles of vehicle barriers). Maybe they can use wetbacks to build it. Wouldn't that be something?

fritz

Years ago, the same National ID card was bandied about by the Reagan administration. The big concern was that they needed something that was loss proof, tamper proof, and hard to duplicate.

It was finally pointed out to them that just tattooing a number inside the upper arm satisfied all those requirements.

The plan was quietly shelved.

Having recently been hired somewhere, I can tell you as a statement of fact that I submitted everything shy of dental records and DNA to allow my employer to verify my identity. If an illegal can get around the backgroud check, consumer information check, and verification of citizenship (of which I gave two forms) perhaps he deserves the job?

I cannot see where anymore identification cards issued on a grandscale will amount to much. But then I don't do day labor and neither do I work at MacDonald's. Perhaps the government should crack down further on employers instead of issuing ID cards. Perhaps that would be more effective? But then, if they did that, there would be no new government jobs created and they'd have a harder time justifying this budget to the voters wouldn't they? Government, business, and efficient are three terms that have never entered the same sentence...

I say build the wall. Build one from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific. And deploy three times as many guardsman to defend it. And lastly, if you really want to step in it, declare the drug lords' activities just to the south of the border a clear and present danger to the sovereignty of the United States and send the guardsman into the border towns to clear out the riff raff.

I heard the guardsman will have the power to enforce border security, but not to detain anyone? How does that work?

And who wishes to wager that all this is some type of ploy to win back all the voters who have become disillusioned with the GOP over the war and oil prices? Nothing in politics ever happens without a plan - and all the politians enjoy their job!

"And who wishes to wager that all this is some type of ploy to win back all the voters who have become disillusioned with the GOP over the war and oil prices? Nothing in politics ever happens without a plan - and all the politians enjoy their job!"

You sir, have hit the proverbial nail on the head!

Now, maybe somebody needs to hit the PIPs (people in power) on the head, And I believe it is coming. What goes 'round, comes 'round.

fritz