Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Karlunity

karlunity

Hello FC.

Not a whole lot, the Hippy is fine and the cat is doing well.

The class is doing well, almost everyone passed trig.

June is almost here and I am thinking about my next gun :)

How are you and the better half?

Take care

Karl

My field is History, but over the years I have taught : English, Science, Religion, Grammar,

Now I teach History, Math, Reading and Study Skills.

About 15 years ago, the 7th grade ran off the math teacher. Some classes have been known to do that : )

So the Principal called me into her office and in her charming Irish way, asked me what I was doing that summer, being young and dumb, I said nothing much.

"Well now Karl, it is not good for a man not to be expanding his mind and I have the very thing to help you"

She handed me the math books for seventh grade and I spend that summer learning math.

It turned out well.

I developed a style I call "Math as a language" .

I make the kids learn( and horrors) memorize formulas and vocab and do all their probs in a series of steps.

It drives the "Educationalists" mad since "it does not reach the inner child" and "takes the fun out of math".

But the kids, even the slow ones, pass and do well on their Iowa tests.

Karl

Humm..... Inner child...I told him that I had shot my "inner child"!!!!

You should have seen his face. : ) At times, I am as bad as the kids!!!!!!!!!

Math is my worst subject.

My brother sent me a Fox News clip on gang members getting military training, then going back out into the public. One video segment showed a former Marine, who was a gang member, killing two cops with an SKS. They showed a dance at Ft. Bragg where gang signs were flashed all over the place.

Just wunnerful. Another bunch that needs killin', but that won't happen in America.

Give gangs war training... I am sure that it will provide a healthy vent to their energy.

gee..why not give nerve gas to osama? I am sure that it would build his self-esteem and induce a feeling of "wellness".

Educator karl

Karl,

Are you and the Hippy planning to travel this summer? I would like to invite you to the Rat's Nest ( when you see it you will opt. for Motel 6). The Rat's Nest is in the Flint Hills of Kansas and just West of the Missouri River Valley. Located on the Kaw River. Get out of the city and folk's wave at you when you drive down the road. I have access to 260 acres of open land to shoot on and membership to a nice indoor range. Not much by Texas standards but you got to take what you can get around here. Lots of lakes (man made) for fishing and boating. In the fall we are on the major fly way for migratory birds. End commerical! Come see us, we can drink to fallen comrads or fond memories of the Corp.

Semper fi,

Swamprat

Karl,

All's well here. Just enjoying the spring. Did my final check-up on my inplants a while back. Everything OK with them. Still can't do much but my condition has not gotten any worse since they were installed. Finally got my puppy house trained. Winter is not the time to try training. Puppies being like little kids and waiting to the last minute to let you know. By the time you get your coat on the puppies done went.

Swamprat

Hello Swamp.

I am glad to read that the lungs are working.

Sometimes when I think I would have perfered living in the past, I think of the wonders science has come up with and wish I was born 100 years from now.

Take care

Karl