Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Climbing Incarceration Rates

Doble Troble

Guest Guest_karlunity_*
How can it be stopped?

Easy..issue a new code of laws..THE CODE of Karl.

Kill except in defence...hanging.

Drug dealing ...hanging

Third offence...Hanging.

Dishonest public official..from judge to pol to prez....Draw and quartering.

Public whipping for lesser crimes.

Loud Music..20 lashes.

Not learning English..20 lashes.

Burning the flag..burning at the stake.

judge karl

Do as in the old days and make the prisons self supporting.The inmates build their own shelter,raise their own crops and meat.You don't work,you don't eat.Force them to be productive with a gun at their back.We'll never change human behavior and slow down the trash that has to be locked up,but we can change our system of how we handle them.A friends brother-in-law just got out of prison 2 weeks ago,and he said it was better than when he was in the Army.He's raising hell now because a condition of his release is he has to find a job.There aint nothing sorrier than a sorry human being.What scumbag bastards folks can be.Jerry

Link to story. 1/136 Americans are imprisioned.

This isn't a good trend. 2.2 million negatively-productive people is a lot for a society of 270 million to support. How can it be stopped?

Maybe that is why our government is so reluctant to incarcerate the millions of illegal Mexicans here now (with more on the way).

Simple economics it seems. But since I'm not an economist, I'll go with Karl's rules.

fritz

I vote for Karl's CODE too!

Those who survive it can be made to become self-sufficient under Horsefly's system.

I also think that this problem is at least partially related to the break-down in our society's expectation of responsible and civil behavior. Being nice somehow has become unimportant. I believe that something as simple as a general refusal on the part of Americans to continue tolerating unkind behavior could have a dramatic effect on this problem. When you witness someone being unkind and inappropriate call them on it, and tell them to behave (this is easier to do with a 38 in your pocket which is why Americans should keep and bear arms).

all good suggestions... and i LOVE Karl's rules, but really like the idea of prison being "hard"

what do you guys think of the jail in arizona that makes the inmates work on chain gangs and live in military surplus tents, and wear PINK underwear. i hear the inmates hate that place... and the crime rate went down some after the sheriff started it.

self sustaining prisons... what a beautifuyl dream...

real penalties for violent crimes and repeat offenders... the most beautiful dream...

Arizona has the right idea and the nads to see it through.That sheriff should be Govenor.I admire a lot that goes on in Arizona,and the MAKE THE PRISONERS FEEL LIKE PRISONERS is the best idea yet.Jerry