Military Firearm Restoration Corner

We're Getting That Much Needed Rain

swamp_thing

Alberto is bringing us the rains that we have been lacking in for some time now. It is sure a welcome thing around here. The water situation has been on the short side for some time. Looks like we may get 3-6 inches tomorrow according to the forecast, as the main part of the tropical storm passes over the Savannah area. We will take what we can get. swamp_thing

Congratulations on getting the rain. I was hoping it would come here, but it just seems to have that northeastern turn at the last. But that saved me from Rita last year when it took that northern turn the night that we were supposed to evacuate.

I can't gripe too much (for now) because we had around 5" in one day a week or so ago. But that is fast disappearing.

Some are about to start cutting hay here, but I need another rain. There is a 30% chance this weekend (whoopee).

fritz

fritz, hopefully you will get more rain soon also. Haven't looked in the gauge, but I figure we have had a couple of inches or more already, and the main part is still to come. Things were very dry here so the ground can take quiet a bit. Of course, when it is hard rain much of it will run off.

sphingta, actually this year has not been as hot and humid as usual up until a couple of weeks ago. We had a much milder spring I thought. That will definately change as the summer rolls on. swamp_thing