Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Bolt Locked

montea6b

Anybody ever had a problem with the plunger on a Chapman style side swing safety locking the bolt? I can't lift the bolt handle for the life of me. The only thing I can think happened is that the spring broke and the plunger that fits into the indent in the bolt body is stuck in place. I tried tapping the butt of the rifle on the ground to see if gravity would help it fall out, but to no avail. Unfortunately I will have to take the scope off to get at the screw that holds it all together. Better it happened now than autumn in the mountains...

Anybody ever had a problem with the plunger on a Chapman style side swing safety locking the bolt? I can't lift the bolt handle for the life of me. The only thing I can think happened is that the spring broke and the plunger that fits into the indent in the bolt body is stuck in place. I tried tapping the butt of the rifle on the ground to see if gravity would help it fall out, but to no avail. Unfortunately I will have to take the scope off to get at the screw that holds it all together. Better it happened now than autumn in the mountains...

i think angle is not right for plunger