Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Inflation

FC

How are food prices? Here prices of grapes are up 175% over last year. Nearly all fruits and vegetables are up well over 25% from last year. Fuel prices are part of that, but certainly not all of it.

Inflation beat up my stocks pretty bad until two days ago, but there's a bit of a rally.

Tony,

The price for red grapes at Price Chopper yesterday was 4.95 a pound. The cheapest potatoes they had were 2.95 for 5lbs. and they are last years spuds! All the other produce seemed to be up also.

The price on grapes is going to make a lot fo raisins available because I didn't see anybody buying at 4.95. Guess we can go back to getting our grapes from the jug!

Swamprat

Maybe they are using grapes to make ethanol.

Well, something is going to go up when they do.

mrs fritz will be pissed if her wine goes up, hell maybe I will too, since fruit flavored brandy is derived from------ fruit.

I just took out a short term CD for 5.20% interest. That beats my portfolio all to schitt. Some of my investments went way down last month.

You say there is a rally going on? I am salivating already, but I just moved some money to a guaranteed CD for over 5%.

Let the rally begin--I will believe it when I see it.

The reason for the grapes (and other produce) going up in price is simple math---supply and demand. There has been, and continues to be in many parts, a drought coupled with an untimely (when are they timely) freeze.

fritz