Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Blind Magazine

claytonfaulkner

ok, a year ago i bought a vz24 action and never did anything to it, now im gonna start workin on it. this is mostly a pratice gun (learn to bed, and finish a stock) so im gonna go cheap with it. ive decided i want to go with a blind magazine but i dont know how to do it. i was gonna order a stock from richards but i need to know how to make it blind magaine, some help woult be really nice

I think Chaote does an M98 stock with a blind magazine. I don't think Richard's does.

You'll have to make some more decisions. Do you want a rifle with a blind magazine, or a rifle to work on to improve sporterization skills.

Let me just throw in my 2 centavos here. First, a blind mag is usually done for one of two reasons. Either cost savings as in the case of Remington or weight savings as i the case of mausers and the like.

Seeing as you want a 26" 3.5 contour and a thumbhole stock you are well beyond the limit of a light weight sporter and the few extra ounces the bottom metal adds will hardly be noticed on a rig that heavy.

Why don; you call richards? They might be able to alter their duplicaion to omit cuting the bottom metal inletting? Or buy the cheapest thumbhole 2nd stock they have and bodo the the opening at the bottom, fit whatever triggerguard bow you will use, then send it back and have them duplictae it.

That would depend on whether you intend to save or sell the hides. In that case you want something with minimal pelt damage.

If it is just straight up pest control then my new favorite is the 6mm Rem.