Military Firearm Restoration Corner

What To Do With This Reciever

sphingta

Rebarrel it and find some scope mount blanks that you can adapt to use on this receiver that will cover these unsightly holes.

You might check to the receiver for set back too.

I have a guy at work that is a great welder but will the reciever need to be reheat treated I figuresd since it was free and i'm in the process of getting a lathe here i could do something fairly cheap. Reheat treating would probably add an expense i don't want

I have a guy at work that is a great welder but will the reciever need to be reheat treated I figuresd since it was free and i'm in the process of getting a lathe here i could do something fairly cheap. Reheat treating would probably add an expense i don't want

Or, it could allow you to use the receiver for some other caliber. Either way, enjoy and post pics when you are done.

Or, it could allow you to use the receiver for some other caliber. Either way, enjoy and post pics when you are done.

if we tig it the heat wont bring to 650 thats wy isay go slow around lug and bolt the holes dont look llike their that close i have saved some actions but allways be safe

Like Jason said, the lugs could be set back by the increased load of the Nato round. I don't have much patience with the 1916 actions, as there are so many better ones out there.

Even for free, I wouldn't put much time or effort into it.

There was a time though that I would work with such a receiver, at least with the bad holes, as long as the lugs were OK.

No more.

fritz