Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Corn Crop

sonic1

I slathered butter all over ten ears of corn, wrapped them all in tin foil, and smoked them till the potatos were done this evening and they were a hit!

I love em' off the grill,but we fried fish yesterday and I fried some roastin'ears in one of my fish cookers.If you've not tried an ear of fried sweet corn you ought to ,it's pretty darn good probably not as good as off the grill but when I'm fryin' fish if I can get it in the grease it's fair game. Jim

Sonic,where or how do you store your spuds?My folks always had a smoke house or shed that had a table with hail screen for a top so air could circulate,and some folks keep them under the house where it was dry.The only reason I don't plant them is I don't really have a good place to store them.Man we got a freezer full of squash and okra.The cyanne,japaleno,and banana peppers have gone nuts,and now we're into the tomatoe business.When we bought this place last fall,I tore down a horse pen and plowed it up,and with all the horse shmitt from all those years,I got me a garden.It was like plowing a highway.It's going to get a big load of cow crap this winter plowed in,but no way can it be any better of a garden than it was this year.Fireants have done some damage and I have to water about every 3 days.If I had really been a good gardener,there's no telling what I could have grown.I reckon I'll learn.Jerry