Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Media Traitors

FC

"[M]uch of the media treats statements by terrorists and their supporters as true and any denials of wrongdoing by American troops as false and 'a coverup.' These are the same liberal media people who claim to be 'honoring our troops' when they hype every casualty and make a big production of each landmark death, such as the 1000th American killed in Iraq and then the 2000th... We all need to understand the fraudulence of the claim that these media liberals who have been against the military for decades and who have missed no opportunity to smear the military in Iraq are now in the forefront of 'honoring' our troops by rubbing our noses in their deaths, day in and day out. Troops who have won medals for bravery in battle—including one soldier who won a Congressional Medal of Honor at the cost of his life—go unmentioned in most of the mainstream media that is focused on our troops as casualties that they can exploit... Every newspaper and every television commentator has a right to criticize any aspect of the war in Iraq or anywhere else. But when they claim to be reporting the news, that does not mean filtering out whatever goes against their editorial views and hyping unsubstantiated claims that discredit the troops." —Thomas Sowell

I learned to hate the media in the first 'Gulf War'. When the SEALS landed during a tactical mission, only to meet flashbulbs, I learned that hype is hype. The best thing they could have done is to spray them all. Thin the herd. Most media types are not worth the small package of toilet paper that comes in an MRE. They want a name, irregardless of whether they observe OPSEC or any other guidelines. The media is the imbedded enemy. America can't take the truth. War must be Hell. I can't say it is, as I have been close enough to taste, but not close enough to qualify