Military Firearm Restoration Corner

The Metroplex

fritz

Jerry,

Since you live close to that DFW airport (closer than me), have you heard of the lease with Chesapeake Operating Inc. for the rights to drill for natural gas under the airport?

They are reported to have paid 181 million dollars for the drilling rights, giving DFW 25% royalty. Now, that is quite a bit more than I received from them on my lease here in S. Texas. And they made a ?miscalculation? on the amount of the delay rental, and I had to take it to a lawyer.

I won, they paid the amount due. And they still want the lease (albeit not for 181 million).

With directional drilling, they are going to operate 5 rigs at one time and drill the entire thing, even under the runways. And DFW will get 25% of the revenue from the gas.

Look for your airline fares to come down shortly! LOL!

Chesapeake is an Oklahoma City based company that has about half of this county's deep exploration rights. But down here it's at 16,000', at DFW it's supposed to lie around 9,000'.

Where's that rig?

Yeah, I know, it's going to DFW.

fritz

No fritz,I haven't heard anything about that,but the places they're drilling now all around here are so weird,no one would even notice a rig setting on the runway.Your right about the gas being at 9,000 ft.,the Barnett shale,and now they're saying theres another layer under it and they're going after it next.The company drilling around here now used to be Mitchell drilling,but sold to another company and I can't remember their name.They're directional drilling now around Krum.I leave for work at 4:45 am an there are so many rigs lit up I can't count them between Keller and Dento,26 miles.Jerry