Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Wish You'all Were Here

manureman

Finally starting to get some rain,we got almost 2 inches last sunday and it's raining now.Alot of my corn burnt up and most of my beans as it hadn't rained here at all since the first of june,a man could play marbles in my pastures the old cows have em' eat off so slick.I usually start feeding hay sometime after Thanksgiving but I started in july this year after selling alot of my heard,the heat has killed my turkeys by the hunderds the past couple months.But today it's foggy and cool and the rain looks to have set in for a spell.So I'm goin' to the tavern and have me a big bloody steak for dinner and I'm gonna start drinkin' good cold St.Louis beer out of frosty mugs before noon and I'm going to stay after it for a while and the bankers and the oil companies and the damned a-rabs can all kiss my ass cause its RAININ'!!Wish you'all were here I'd buy you all the beer you could hold ,It's a good, good day!. Jim

Jim,

I really wished I was there, not just for the free drinks, but also to see all that rain.

I'm glad you have a respite from the heat, I had forgot how that can devastate a poultry business. And while it may be too late for some of your crop, at least there is a better day now,

Let it rain (our only hope is a tropical depression way out there). If it enters the Gulf, we may get rain. But at least a week away. I'm going to put out some hay tomorrow and then drive up to Austin to see my grandaughter. Maybe that will take my mind off the weather for awhile.

fritz