Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Ruger Mark Ii

littlecanoe

I was at an auction yesterday and didn't pass up the chance to buy Mark II. I've always wanted one and went for it. Not sure when it was built but it hadn't been used at all. I put about 100 rounds through it yesterday and really like this little pistol. The trigger isn't too heavy but does have some creep. I'll try to work that out eventually but until then? I think I'll plink a lot!

Anybody else have one of these little gems?

Guest rusty rifle

Never owned one but shot one. A really nice shooter. I just don't like the looks. It reminds me of those Jap Nambo's that were really bad. I had a jap gun blow up in my face and just don't like anything that looks like or is one (Jap that is). All that aside. I have never heard a bad report on this pistol and I hope you enjoy it for years.

Rusty Rifle

RR,

I can sure understand why you would be a little leary after an experience like that. Hope it didn't do damage to you. Makes you wonder how many Japanese were killed or maimed by their own sidearm.

I've always been reminded of the German Luger when I look at the Mark II's. Especially if it has a tapered barrel. It is a fun little pistol. It's a natural pointer for me.

LC

LC,I've had one for many years,it's the old model though,and a 1/2 ton pickup couldn't haul all the shells that's gone through it without one single glitch.I've always wanted one with the target barrel,but it's never happened,yet.Jerry

HF,

I checked the serial # on Ruger's site. Mine is a '92 build. I hope to run a lot of round through this thing. I was out with my youngest daughter before dark popping 12 ga hulls.

It would be nice to have the $$ to slick one of these up with a scope or red dot! and all the aftermarket trigger stuff and springs......... Too many centerfire projects going though.

LC