Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I Have To Tell You This One

FC

We have a Finnish girl for an exchange student. She just got here Sat. night. She's very quiet and hardly eats anything (no wonder we're fat and she's skinny).

Anyway, someone told my wife about a spoiled Spanish male exchange student. He said, "Miss Nancy, tell what the difference is between the beach at the ocean, and the kind girls don't want to be called"!

That was priceless!

I hope you have as good of time with yours as we did ours a few years back,a few rough spots but a real ball for the most part.We ended up with a boy from Mexico and a Boy from Brazil at the same time.The Brazillian spoke very little English and the boys had only been here about a week when I was up at the shop working on one of my trucks one evening about dark when I heard them come walking up the road they came into the shop and wandered around bored for a few minutes then wandered out and I heard the Brazilian Yell no Rickardo NO RICKARDO DANGER DANGER RICKARDO!! Well I started out from under the truck for all I was worth as I was thinking copperhead, when I heard the Mexican start yelling in mexican real hard and fast.I don't speak mexican but I did understand the word chit that he said about every fourth word then back into mexican, I was just about to the door when the Brazilian came through it bent over and with tears in his eyes he was laughing so hard, the whole time I could hear the Mexican cussing and rarin',well I knew if the brazilian was that tickled and the Mexican was still able to cuss that hard it wasn't as life threatening as I first thought so I asked Victor (the Bazilian) what was wrong with Rickardo and trough his tears of laughter he was able to say , Mexican very stupid , all the time this Mexican is still just going off like a bomb and just then it hit me like a brick...the smell of skunk.Yep the Mexican got it , every time I get a wiff of skunk I think danger Rickardo . Jim

He didn't know what a polecat was?

I hear the Brazilians and Spaniards are not usually good picks for students. The Spanish girl we had back in 90-91 didn't think we lived well enough for her liking.

Heidi (pronounced Haydee) is a skinny little thing. She hardly eats. She was crying this morning on her toast because she's homesick.

"Yes many Spaniards can be a bit snobbish."

This is true. On the professional golf tour is a Spaniard named Sergio Garcia. He is young, and he is a bit snobbish, but he does play a mean game of golf.

But he can't beat Tiger Woods.

Hell, seems like nobody can beat Tiger. He is a legend in his own time.

fritz

Funny, we heard just the oposite ,aviod the kids from europe girls inpaticuliar.These boys were great kids and have turned into fine young men .They've both been back several times, and I hope they keep coming back.As far as the wood kitty goes he claimed he didn't think they could spray as far as it did,he's a big practical joker and I really think he was trying to heard it into the shop with me and his plan sort of back fired so to say... Jim