Military Firearm Restoration Corner

North Korea Builds "the Bomb"!

Kyle

Anyone else hear the news? North Korea is said to have detonated an nuclear weapon underground. NK officials called China and told them in about 20 minutes they would test a nuclear weapon. About 20 minutes later a small earthquake shook the ground apparently from an underground nuclear explosion.

US officials have stated that they believe the test didn't go exactly as planned due to the smallish size of the explosion but nothing is for sure as of yet. This test really has Japan, South Korea and even China worried and with NK's recent tests of ballistic missiles this could them more then just a regional threat.

If North Korea was fool enough to fire a nuke at us, we would fire a 100 back.

And in turn the Russians and Chinese would strike back at us with nuclear arsenals. And we would then launch against them. Not long afterward, everybody else that has the bomb would target their foes - be that us or someone else. There would be nothing left of the World as we know it. But at least we would know what we had died or were dying from, right?

I see a joint diplomatic solution as the best course here. Or if that fails, a coalition backed military invasion with at least tacit approval from China and possibly Russia.

We would be remiss to think we could lauch a nuclear missle or two and be done with it. The issue is a more complicated than that.

And in turn the Russians and Chinese would strike back at us with nuclear arsenals

Why?

Monolithic world communism has gone the way of the dodo.

I would think that China or Russia has NO wish to see Kimmy armed with Atomics.

The worst nightmare that China has is that Korea may provoke Japan into building Atomic weapons and rearming.

NO-ONE in ASIA wants to see the Raising Sun on the march again.

Russia is a LOT closer to Korea than we are and also recalls a rather unpleasant meeting with the Sons of Japan ..it cost them a whole fleet.

My point was, (perhaps I was a bit unclear), that I see no reason at this time for us to invade North Korea.

It is a Asian problem and I say let Asians handle it.

karl

There's nothing to get all mule-lipped about! After all,the United Nations will step in,have a talk with the Koreans,and the problem will be solved.Maybe in 12 to 15 years,and after the UN inspectors get kicked out of Korea when they get close to an asprin or baby food factory,someone with more to lose than us will step in and handle it themselves,and their leaders will be labeled stupid,war mongers,and liars.I see a pattern.Not really,'cause they don't have the freedom of speech in other countries to say what they think.Never mind! The old,stupid,aint gonna stick my head in the sand,talk first,act next,take the fight to our enemies,Texas Redneck Jerry.