Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Too Many $%%% People At The Range.

karlunity

I went to the range this morning about 10 am.

I planed to do some work on the Mausers and shoot "Hamilton" my Muzzle loader smooth bore pistol.

I could NOT get a table.

The place was packed. Most of the time I go after school on Fridays and the place is reasonably empty.

I have not gone on the weekend for some time but it was NEVER like this.

You would have figured that they were giving blonds and beer away!!!!

karl

Karl,

Don't fret; its like that at our rifle range this time of year. Everyone wants to fire a few rounds of ammo to check the scope for hunting season and waits till the weekend before the season starts to do it. Try again next weekend; maybe the crowd will have cleared out.

It goes on here in Phoenix as well this time of year. The big factor is the up coming Deer and Elk seasons and the weather just couldn't get much better at this time of year. Not bad if you want to sit in the waiting area and talk guns with other shooters. Usually don't wait more than an hour. I like to go during the week early in the morning. Get alot of older shooters and retirees. Later in the day though the empty brass pickins can some times be real good. Weekends see alot of AK and SKS shooters scattering steel brass all over, wont bother to sweep it, don't take safety seriously and and moan about black powder shooters.

The club I belong to has been holding deer rifle sight in for the last 3 weekends or so now. This was the last weekend.

Members and non-members have to pay $5 per gun but we supply the tagets, assist with spotting and sight adjustments, and can help with scope mounting and bore sighting if needed.

I volunteered to help this last Fri and Sat. Friday was a bit slow but Saturday was pretty busy. I was a bit surprised to see almost as many young women (teenagers) as young men this year with there fathers and grandfathers.

The club I belong to has been holding deer rifle sight in for the last 3 weekends or so now. This was the last weekend.

Members and non-members have to pay $5 per gun but we supply the tagets, assist with spotting and sight adjustments, and can help with scope mounting and bore sighting if needed.

I volunteered to help this last Fri and Sat. Friday was a bit slow but Saturday was pretty busy. I was a bit surprised to see almost as many young women (teenagers) as young men this year with there fathers and grandfathers.

Dang it! That was me, forgot to log in

-Pat