Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Yugo Trigger Guard

catman60957

I bought a Yugo 48 awhile back and am wanting to tinker around with it. I installed a Bold trigger with the side safty and while in the process noticed that the trigger guard is stamped and spot welded. I would like to replace it with a milled type. I've been looking on Ebay and there are several to choose from but I've heard that the yugo isn't a standard length action. In a nut-shell, what will fit it?

I've got an older gunsmithing book by Jim Carmichle(spelling?) and he does some nice things to the trigger guard and I'd like to try them.

Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Tim

The yugo m48 guard will fit and is milled, so is the M24 and 24/47. A Swede guard can be fitted but may be a bit short in mag length. Yours is an M48A if it has the stamped guard.

Small ring, Spanish 93, 1916, and turk 93. Trigger guards all seem to fit on my M48 Yugo. I will take a moment here in a bit to check best fit... Dont toss that stamped guard.. especially if it is a bit rusty and less than perfect!!! It will fit my 93 turk, and fit the "look"... MV

Just checked and believe it or not the guard off my 1916 fits on my m48 better than the one that came w/ it!! Also my 1916 is a 7.62 conversion, so much the better as it has a spacer in the mag well and a shorter follower... wouldn't ya know, I have put a 308 barrel on the M48!!! Thanks for asking!! Made me happy guy! Do remember tho. The 1916 [mine anyway] has no locking screws, and the action screw heads are smaller diameter... No I don't know why!! HTH. MV

IPB Image

My M48 Project... Stock ain't nearly done, Heck I'm still gettin the bolt handle relief, let alone slim 'er down some.... but I have ta shoot it soon!! MV

EDIT 2

Geeze where's my manners??? Welcome to the forum!!

Howdy Catman! I put a Swede triggerguard on my Yugo,which had a milled guard,but the Swede looks so much better.I think I have a spare Swede guard if you would like to try it.Welcome to the best gunboard.You wouldn't by chance work for Catepillar would you? Jerry

hunter@cowtown.net

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all for the quick responce. This is "the" place I was loking for to get my project going.

Horsefly I'll email you very soon, yugo 48 in subject line.

Thanks again.

Tim

I can't seem to post a new topic so I'll have to add to this one.

GOOD GUY REPORT

Jerry Doughty

This gent dosen't know me from Adam but he sent me a trigger guard and refused payment even for shipping. What can I say but a harty Thank You.

He is the kind of person that must have alot of friends, because someone who helps another out of the goodness of his heart is a deserving person and the kind of person I hope to have as a friend.

If ever I can repay your kindness, just ask. I'll try my best.

Thanks again

Tim Lewis

Tim,you hang out with this group,and you'll be trying to figure out how to repay things the fellows will help you with.So far I've had a buffer given to me and barrel installed by the same guy,a barrel vise,bolt handle welded on,and a Argy '09 front sight band,and an old copy of Gun Digest,the Mauser articles from Shotgun News,and an old article about Czech rifle sent to me with no charge,so I've got some paybacks to do.You just help somebody out and I'll be payed back big time.Jerry