Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Vote !

manureman

I voted in the early voting period, it's just so much easier than waiting in lines. And they kept the early voting place open from 7 to 7.

For about 2 weeks.

No reason not to vote early anymore.

Don, the reason why there were not many folks ahead of you could be because they already voted.

fritz

I did my part but it looks as though the libs are kicking some butts in Arizona. Our lezbian governer by a landslide. One of two Az canditates supported by the NRA's Political Victory Fund is getting beat badly. A few propositions to take away free college tuition, day care and punitive damages in lawsuits from illegals are passing but our governer will figure out how to give it back. Fox news just announced the Dems have taken the majority in the House. I bet new gun control legislation starts in January.

I bet new gun control legislation starts in January.

I think that the Dems will try and leave guns alone TILL 08. ( I could be wrong, I did not think that they would take the House. )

They will try and convince us that the "new Dem" is not antigun, in an effoprt to get Hill the Whitehouse.

Should THAT happan, I think our gun rights will go the way of England.

karl

I think that the Dems will try and leave guns alone TILL 08. ( I could be wrong, I did not think that they would take the House. )

They will try and convince us that the "new Dem" is not antigun, in an effoprt to get Hill the Whitehouse.

Should THAT happan, I think our gun rights will go the way of England.

karl

Come on, do you really think their is any chance our gun rights will be taken away if the democrats gain control? The party itself has members from all over the left-wing but those that actually take office are very moderate with a slightly more liberal view of things, otherwise there is no way they could get elected. In our system change is gradual for the most part and to fear rapid and radical change when power switches from one of our two major parties to the other is somewhat ignorant in my opinion.

Many people always vote Republican simply because they are anti-abortion and even when Republicans have the presidancy and control of the house and senate they still do nothing to try and change it because they know that change would be strongly opposed. It is the same with the democrats, I'm sure many far left-wingers vote democrat only because they think gun ownership should be banned. Does that mean that as soon as the democrats gain control they intend to take all our guns away? No, certainly not for the same reasons.

And here is something else to think about... in our democratic system we elect officials who hold views that we agree with to represent us so the majority rules. If officials where elected on the platform of taking away guns and banning private gun ownership it would mean that the majority of Americans believe in that. If you truely love our system of democracy would you respect the voice of the American people and turn in your guns?

If you truely love our system of democracy would you respect the voice of the American people and turn in your guns?

It is because I respect our democracy, especially the Bill of Rights, that I say, hell no! That is the same reason I have issues with things like warrantless surveillance.

Kyle,

They've banned alcohol before...and if they can do that, they can ban firearms. A one party majority in the house, senate, and white house can do practically anything they want regardless of the law - they make the laws afterall...they can pass them, change them, or amend them all they want. Don't be so lacadasical about you liberties. IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY.

Jason

Come on, do you really think their is any chance our gun rights will be taken away if the democrats gain control?

Apparently you were not alive or old enough to comprehend what happened during the Carter or Clinton admininstrations. If Carter hadn't been such a doofus and tried to initiate gun control through the legislature instead of the bureaucracy we probably wouldn't be here discussing sportorizing. Stock up now on Turks as it wont be long before imports are banned AGAIN!! Remember when Clinton tried to limit primer sales?? If the dems get the White House gun control will be pouring out of the bureaucracy, the bench and congress.

Some good points brought up here. I don't know when gun control will again get the front burner, but I'm sure it will be on the back burner. Right now, and the results of the election seem to underscore it, it is the war in Iraq that is going to be on the front burner.

I missed the latest news, did Rummy resign? That didn't take long. We can hope and pray that the liberals will not get to gun control for a bit. In the meantime, there is still time to buy those semi-autos. I know I did when Clinton got elected.

The last I heard was that the senate was coming down to Virginia, and even then it may be a recount. We may not know that result for some time.

Update: Virginia went to the democratics. One question remains----did Rummy resign or was he fired?

fritz

Doble Troble,

Not an AR but I have an AMD-65, Polish Underfolder AKM, Romainan AKM and a Browning 1919A4.

I guess you guys are right as far as anti-gun legislation but I still don't think they would ever go as far as banning all firearms. I'm on your side with opposing anti-gun legislation and that kind of thing but I don't think it is right to vote one way and ignore the other issues. The democratic party is a massive organization with people from all over the left wing, I'm sure they have their share of hunters and gun owners and not all are out to take away your guns.

The democratic party is a massive organization with people from all over the left wing, I'm sure they have their share of hunters and gun owners and not all are out to take away your guns

We weren't given the right to keep and bear arms to enable us to hunt.

Please start emailing the democratic leadership about thier opinions about whether or not they support your right to keep, much less bear, an AK. You should start here. If you find a supporter, please let me know.

If you don't, please start considering the fact that the Democratic party does not support your constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

If they do not support this freedom, what will stop them from eroding your other freedoms (hint: it won't be the Bill of Rights)?

In the meantime, there is still time to buy those semi-autos. I know I did when Clinton got elected.

fritz

Some excellent advice there, also consider buying up some detachable mags and squirreling them away. I made a few bux doing so before the mag ban. Pelosi has a hard on for scoped rifles and "assault" pistols so nothing is really exempt from the wrath of liberal dems but mean looking weapons with bayonet lugs and flash suppesors will likely be served up first as a test to see the public's reaction. Paperless semi's will be worth a premium before to long.

"Paperless semi's will be worth a premium before to long. "

I agree, even better than day trading on Wall Street. Everything sells for more on the black market.

I thought I read where one poster said the government once banned booze. Well, did that stop people from drinking?

Hell no, there will always be a place to get booze and guns and drugs and whatever the hell the government says we can't have.

How many of you bought up more guns than you needed when Clinton got elected? As I said before, I did. Not only guns, but the mags also. I will probably never live long enough to cash in on the black market on them, but my kinfolks might.

Now as to my investments in the market (the one on Wall Street), I am not getting as rich as some of the "inside traders". But I have been able to stay out of prison, which is more than some of them can say.

fritz

"There may not always be a place to get freedom."

There will always be a place, but it might have to start at someplace other than Concord, Mass. That place has gone to hell.

Now, Gonzales Tx (where the first shot of Texas freedom was fired) might be a start of another revolution. The folks there still hold true to their birthright. The sad truth is that it might just take another revolution.

As the folks at Gonzales said, "Come and Take It"!

sam houston