Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Good Price For A Brazilian 1908?

montea6b

Saw one at a show today with all matching numbers in original, and pretty good, condition. Sharp crest, well worn blueing, but no visible rusting. Stock was in good shape, and even had some nice tiger striping in the butt. A couple of gouges, but you'd expect these. He wanted $450 for it, and wouldn't budge. Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?

I've got a Brazilian that's perfect with the nice figured wood and worn blue that looks almost like an Argetine,but when you pull the action out of the stock,it'll make you scream with horror.If it looks like mine undressed,I'd pay 50 bucks if I needed the bolt and a stock.If it was rust free,I'd maybe give $200.00 if it's still 7x57 and perfect,but I'm not a collector.Funny how they don't show signs of pitting along the edge of the reciever like say a VZ24.Jerry

I can't believe the prices people are asking for Mausers these days.

Four years ago, I bought a Gustav M96 for $119 in pristine condition. Two years ago, I GAVE it to a friend who really had a hardon for it. I figured, eh, if I ever miss it I'll buy another one, no biggie.

Now the CRAP I see out there for $450 makes me sick to my stomach. lol

Thanks guys, I thought it was pretty high. And I've heard the concerns about pitting below the wood line in the South American rifles. I'm just keeping my out for a collector model to leave original. I'd love an unissued Persian, but they are pretty spendy.

Just got my Nov.20 Shotgun News,and in the Sarco ad on page 133 they have Brazilian 1908 long rifles for $125.00. The ad says, Last of the 1908 Brazilian Long Rifles.Dug out from a long ago purchase-These are DWM manufactored in Germany.Good to VG condition.Fair bores.Wood is great with crest in stock.Few only avalible.Now rarely seen.GUN130-$125.00 Jerry