Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Meet Bob

odies dad

IPB Image

IPB Image

KAR98 small ring Erfert receiver A&B F14 257 Roberts barrel in a Corelite stock, Timney trigger, and Beuler safety.

I just found a box of ammo for it for $16.99 which is quite a bit less than anything else I've seen.

Have not shot it yet. I have a red dot scope for it.

I found a burr on the stock that kept the receiver from seating firmly. I removed it but still plan on bedding the action to fill in the gap around the front ring. There is a slight gap around the barrel (Ican live with that). There is considerable flex in the forearm of the stock. Not sure what I will do with that if anything.

Thanks OD !! Thats what I was wondering about,it's alot better fit than I thought.I put a couple rifles together with the corelights and I glass a couple pieces of carbon fiber arrow into the forearm,seems to work pretty fair without adding a bunch of weight.Thanks again, Jim

That handle was there when I got it and I have been trying to figure the same thing out. I'm leaning toward it beeing a Brownells weld on. They really did a good job at it. That is my favorite bolt handle.

I did remove some material from the chamber end of the stock, but the business end wasn't changed.

Does glassing in the carbon fiber arrows add much weight?