Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Keeping Your Bp Equipment Together

Horsefly

Just wanted to bring up a system I use to keep all the do-dads together it takes to have a good day at the range.Get a good,simple fishing tackle box with 2 or 3 shelves that come out when opened to keep all the little stuff such as extra nipples,patches,bullets,caps,patch pullers,ball pullers,nipple wrenchs,and cleaning tips.Make sure the bottom compartment is big enough to hold a 1lb. bottle of powder.I keep everything that goes with my front stuffers in the box,so that when I go shooting or hunting it's there.I even keep my cleaning supplies in the box.Since I only use Sureshot or Pyrodex,I try to clean my gun before I come home.I don't do the hot soapy water thingy anymore.I'm not about to wash my Weatherby in the bath tub or my Renagade either.Liver-Eater Johnson had a possibles bag,I have a possibles Plano.Since Karl took the plung,I've been hoping more would get the bug.Blackpowder took me out of archery,but now I'm going to get another bow,and shoot my charcoal burner more. Jerry

Oh ya,I know there are things sold for premessured loads,but I still use 35MM film canisters.I also have a cutting torch tip cleaning set for tip cleaning.

Ya Tony,the tip cleaners or for the nipples.The amo box is a good idea.Good and strong,can set on it,and it's water tight.Reckon we're lucky and don't have to carry a purse like the mountainmen.Jerry