Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Tennessee Rules On Self Defense?

karlunity

It really doesn't sound right at all. When going for my concealed carry permit,

it was taught to shoot them coming thru a window, or a door as it is a crime

to break in, but once in, you cannot shoot them unless they threaten you bodily.

And if you are able to shoot them you can only do it once, so make it good....

To double tap is excessive force......

Can you beleave that, seems that if they break thru a door or a window, they

ought to be fair game, reguardless.

It really doesn't sound right at all. When going for my concealed carry permit,

it was taught to shoot them coming thru a window, or a door as it is a crime

to break in, but once in, you cannot shoot them unless they threaten you bodily.

And if you are able to shoot them you can only do it once, so make it good....

To double tap is excessive force......

Can you beleave that, seems that if they break thru a door or a window, they

ought to be fair game, reguardless.

What I don't understand is we only get to shoot once yet the cops can empty their clips and reload and fire some more???

We were told by a deputy sheriff that taught our concealed class that once you shoot,empty your gun and scatter shots all over the crook and swear you were scared to death and fighting for your's and your families life.He told of a freind of his shooting a dude that shot at him first,and the crooks lawyer ask if he ever entered shooting matchs.He said yes and he has several 1st place trophies.The lawyer then said,if your that good of a shot,you could have shot my client one time wounding him and disable him without killing him.The case was thrown out,but it looked bad for the cop for a long time.If had made shots all over him and said he wouldn't stop and he was fighting for his life,he'd have been better off.Jerry

I was taught in my CCW class to put the universal no tresspassing mark, the proper purple stripe on your property. This extends your area you can protect with force. If someone is stealing you can shoot them, and if you feel your life is reasonably in danger, you can shoot.

Guys, the laws for use of deadly force vary by state. We all have to know the laws in our states and those of the states we visit and are armed in.

Here in NC it truely is bizarre, deadly force against someone attempting to break in to your home when you believe they intend to commit a felony (duh) is legal. Once they've broken in deadly force can only be used for self defense (can I help you out with my TV)? From what I understand this strange law is a result of partisan politics and a legislative compromise. I see it as a result of stupidity.

I want to avoid trouble at almost all costs - I think the line is at the safety of myself, my family and a very clear threat to an innocent fellow citizen. If they want to steal stuff, I'll let them have it. If they want to hurt someone, I'll to my best to "let them have it" - but I sure hope that I never find myself in that position.

I hate the fact that somehow common sense has been perverted in many of our United States and you have to worry about whether doing the right thing is legal.