Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Price Check! Ruger Redhawk

roscoedoh

I am looking for a new revolver and have decided that I want a stainless steel redhawk with a 7.5" barrel in 44 mag. A local pawnshop that I've done previous business with has this exact revolver, slightly used and is asking $595 for it, relativley firm on that price. My question is: is that a fair price for a slightly used redhawk? I have looked at the auction sites online and found many redhawks like I described here that may cost a little less, but I figure I'd make up the difference paying shipping. Could I get some feedback on this please?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Swamp,

All the pawnshop is offering is a slightly used regular redhawk. After looking around a bit more, I think the guy offering this pistol is asking too much and since he indicated he was relatively firm on the price, I'm going to look around a bit more.

How much would you expect to pay for a used Redhawk in good condition that's scope cut?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason have you checked Davidson's www.galleryofguns.com I took a quick peek and your Ruger is out of stock. My guess is you could buy it brand new for that kind of money, possible a few bux cheaper. You might be able to see what one would cost new by finding a similiar in stock model or retail price. When I use them I check the price using various zip codes in my area. My last purchase I saved almost 60 bucks driving across town picking it up at a pawnshop in Apache Junction Az, 50 minute drive each way from my home in north Phoenix. If I had an extra G I would love to have a S&W 460 with a scope.