Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Just Wondering

fritz

I guess this is just something that an idle mind thinks about when things get slow on the farm. But have you ever wondered about this---when a bear goes into hibernation for the winter, does he ever have to get up and go to the restroom? Or does he just keep on sleeping all winter, without waking up?

I know bears eat and drink a lot (so do I) before hibernating, so, does this food and drink sustain them all winter? I guess if they have no intake, there would be no output. But that's just a countryboy's thought. A countryboy from country that has no bears to study.

I will not sleep until I know if a bear can sleep all winter without going to the restroom. I cannot go a single night without going.

But then, I ain't a bear.

fritz

<_< my everknowing wife told me that mother nature shoves a plug up their arse hence the sayin to put a cork in it.

Boy, if one could master holding it all winter long, just imagine how handy that would be next time you're at the bar with your buddies...after that fourth beer...you could still be at the bar.

"what would a chair look like if your knees bent the other way. "

Let me sleep on that one (between trips to the bathroom), and I'm sure that there must be a way to build such a chair. What it would look like is beyond me. Would probably have to be one of those fit and try jobs (as inletting a rifle stock is).

fritz

My neighbor's son was involved in a college project and spent a few weeks with Az Game & Fish people radio colloring hibernating bears. He claimed the bears were hardly aware of what was going on and usually fell right back asleep. A few he said were ready to fight if the crew didn't get there right after the hounds found them. He said the rousted bears were almost comical, half blind, appeared drunk and would swing their paws in the air at the direction of any noise or movement.

""comical, half blind, appeared drunk and would swing their paws in the air at the direction of any noise or movement. "

sounds just like fritz"

Only when I'm asleep. When awake, I may be comical, half blind, and appear drunk, but only swing at things in my sleep. I sometimes wake up with blood dripping on the sheets, from some encounter with a bad guy in my dream.

I'm really not a bad fellow when awake, but in my sleep I am Superman, Batman, John Wayne, and GW Bush, all rolled into one (and in the same bed). I fight for freedom, justice, and the American way--just as the aforementioned characters do.

Sometimes I get bloodied, but always wonder what the other fellow must look like. That's the bad part about dreams, you can clean up an outlaw town, sock it to the Penguin, save Lois Lane, and win the war in Iraq in dreams. But when you awaken, they are still there, waiting for the next issue (or dream).

But some keep trying.

fritz