Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Triggerguards

donmarkey

I got a few guards that I don't know what model they are from in a parts lot. The top one is a standard long action but have the lock screw on the opposite side and a short tang. Looks like a yugo 48 but is standard screw spacing. The bottom one is a small ring of some sort with a mag well filler brazed in. I got a few of them that are identical. Anyone know what these are from?

-Don

guards003.jpg

guards004.jpg

guards005.jpg

Don, the lower one may be spanish 1916 converted to 7.62 .

BINGO!

That's what Mine looks like! If ya wanna part w/ that one... I am interrested!

The top one??? Sorry no good Ideas just now!! Marty

Don,

I would agree with the others, the sr guard has been blocked for 308. My 1916 is similar except the block has been beveled to serve as a "pre-feed ramp"

I have a FN milsurp with the lock screw to the rear.

<_< hope i'm not off subject donmarkey, but can you use the same design floor plate drop like we are for the m98's? dave

Don,

I would agree with the others, the sr guard has been blocked for 308. My 1916 is similar except the block has been beveled to serve as a "pre-feed ramp"

I have a FN milsurp with the lock screw to the rear.

Does the FN have a short tang also? The block on the SR is beveled on the top, it's a little hard to see in the pic, so 1916 it probably is.

-Don

Does the FN have a short tang also? The block on the SR is beveled on the top, it's a little hard to see in the pic, so 1916 it probably is.

-Don

Don, the FN has the short tang but the lock screw is forward of the rear screw and rearward of the front screw.

-Don

If you're refering to the forward end of the trigger guard, the answer is yes it's a little shorter than a standard 98.

It appears to be standard in all other aspects.

Don this is the only pic of an FN bottom metal that I have and is one I cut the guard off to be replaced by one that I made. It is not avery good pic. but you can see the simualarity to yours.

post-102-1174257284_thumb.jpg

Yep that looks like it. Thanks. That solves both my mysteries. I have a few of each, anyone needs any let me know.

-Don