Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Almost Finished...

Jimro

Tomorrow I go to the field for eight days, and when we come back it should be clean weapons and admin stuff until our graduation ceremony before the four day Easter weekend. Soon there will be 130 newly minted Infantry lieutenants ready to take charge of the most precious resource of our nation, her sons and (occaisionally in todays Army) daughters.

You would be very proud of the men with whom I serve. We have young ROTC pups, mid career OCS jokers like myself, and even a salty dog closer to 40 than 30. After earning the blue cord the only major hurdle to overcome before taking charge of a platoon is earning the Ranger tab.

Please keep us in your prayers, I have a buddy who won't get a chance at Ranger school since his gaining unit needs him now as they are a little north of Baghdad in the "Sunni Triangle".

It seems like I'm finally getting close to the end of the journey I started nearly a year ago as I boarded the plane to Ft. Benning. God has blessed me time and time again, and I pray that I don't get hurt so that I can finish my training here and get out to the real Army and into the fight.

Please keep us in your prayers, that God will help us make good decisions and bless our bodies to withstand the rigors of training.

Thanks in advance,

Jimro

Prayers on the way.

Take care.

Gad ..a Second looie...now remember the little colored thing with the lines?

It called a M*A*P.. The bullets go in the rifle pointy end first :rolleyes::rolleyes::blink::blink:

Well done

Karl

Prayers on the way.

Take care.

Gad ..a Second looie...now remember the little colored thing with the lines?

It called a M*A*P.. The bullets go in the rifle pointy end first :rolleyes::rolleyes::blink::blink:

..it takes a brave man to stay in during the war.

Well done

Karl

My brother went to Ranger school before I did and gave me a good piece of advice. Take it one day at a time and never...never quit.

Once your done with it, land warfare will be much easier for you to command and you will be tactically and technically proficient in it. Everything in life will be a cake walk after it and you WILL be a much more confident person.

You get to see SEALs and Marine Force Recon, and other Foreign Special Operations troops there. All the Marines flucked (7) except one E-6 and one O-2 (total 9).

Of the 4 SEALs, 1 flunked. You never hear SEALs bad mouthing Rangers.

I was most impressed with the British SAS trooper as well as the Israeli commando there.

We started with 65 heads and graduated 31.

I can say now...it was fun. Sort of.

Good luck

Ranger Wayne J. Beals

Ranger Class 2/77

I have great respect for Rangers, they would have made good Marines.

I tried to go to Ranger and Jump school in 77. I was in the Reserve at the time and the only slot we had went to a Capt. (RHIP)

Wayne.

In Parris Island we had 78 start and about 30 finish.

The Old Corps was ...The Old Corps.

Karl

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, no need to call me sir. Had a hard 8 days of training, got my first ride on a UH-60 Blackhawk, and did the last three days doing non-stop operations ending with an eight mile forced ruck march.

Good training. When you are too tired to gripe you learn a whole heap about yourself, and your peers.

I appreciate the prayers, it's very motivating and humbling to know that someone is praying for you. I've found that God never puts more on my plate than he can handle.

Jimro