Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Making Your Own Mauser At Home

brokengun

I'm as giddy as a school girl with her first kiss.

www.jpfo.org has a free down load for a book on the drilling, reaming and broaching a bolt action receiver at home. the guy that wrote the book builds his own mauser large ring receiver and shows step by step the method that he uses. When completed he uses a standard large ring bolt, trigger guard, trigger and sear to finish the build.

This thing looks like a regular mauser, with some very suttle differences, that an un trained eye may not even catch. He built this thing using standard tools that most home gun smiths all ready have available

I have printed out the book being offered by JPFO as a FREE down load and read it several times. The amount of information is incredible, each time I read it I find something new.

I suggest that everyone goes to JPFO, burn a copy on to CD, plus print out a copy.

Then please set down in a nice comfortable chair and read it, I think you will be surprised.

This guy tells how to cut the magazine feed lips and cartridge ramp, plus suggest how people can come together and form builder squads and share in the cost of making the broaches.

Guy’s in my humble opinion this book is a must read for gun owners interested in the Mauser Rifles.

http://www.jpfo.org/boltaction.htm

Guys, don't let me bum anyone's high, but until Turk actions become hard to find at $200, I'm not sure that actually going through with this is a good use of time and effort.

I hope noone will bring up the wisdom of making chambering reamers in the basement shop.

Studying the info and filing it in the "if the shite hits the fan and Mausers run-out" file is an excellent idea though.

On third thought, it probably makes just as much sense as making an accurate hunting rifle out of a Turk, when WalMart sells Rem 700s for $400.

Go for it! You'll learn a lot and be able to educate the rest of the obsessed.

ive got it printed out. only started to read it. wow! maybe that will be the next project.

Everyone has their own thing. Some even chase little white balls around on the grass, which to me makes a whole lot less sense than reading about how to roll your own mauser. Where is the challenge of going down to the local Wally World for this week's Rem 700?

Everyone has their own thing. Some even chase little white balls around on the grass, which to me makes a whole lot less sense than reading about how to roll your own mauser. Where is the challenge of going down to the local Wally World for this week's Rem 700?

i guess my feeling would be; where is the reward in going down to walmart, and buying a gun? i would rather make one. i find so much satisfaction in that. i dont build a gun because its cheaper, or easier. i find reward in a job well done. i guess some people embrace a challenge while other people may turn and walk away for one. i dont do this for money, around here, theres no real demand, the two local gunsmiths petered out, didnt do enough bussiness to justify the insurance. i think thats sad. but i also think its indicative of todays society. now you can thnik what ever you want, but i think comparing it to chasing a white balls around grass is a little harsh.