Military Firearm Restoration Corner

You Decide

roscoedoh

If you have The Ten Commandments in your courtroom, you lose your job?

You rip a page out of the koran, you lose your job?

If you burn the US Flag, it is freedom of speech but if you desecrate the koran it is criminal.

If a crime is committed to a minority, it is a HATE crime requiring harsher sentencing. However if 19 people murder 3000, you need to learn to understand them and it really wasn't their fault?

If you decapitate a US contractor who is trying to rebuild your country, it is troubling. If you humiliate a detainee who is intent on killing you, it is criminal and you should go to jail?

A teacher can discuss about the muslim religion and the koran in public schools to promote understanding but that same teacher will be fired if she/he discusses Christianity??

Thank a liberal!

Oooh, you got me riled up now! Since the hippy movement the country has gone down the moral tubes.

Good point- I can't express freedom of speech by tearing up a Koran? I remember in Iraq when I was at a table with other officers. I berated the Muslim religion as being a lie, and evil towards women. The women (went to chapel with me, believe it or not) jumped my butt! I shouldn't judge their culture, they said. Well, I didn't care, but was amazed by their defense. I asked if they wanted to be treated like those Iraqi women? They just wouldn't back down. One of them said that American Christian men beat their women. I told them that was a lie.

Anyway, forgive my rant. I liked your points.

One liberal Christian I once dated said not to label her. Well, if the shoe fits!

The women (went to chapel with me, believe it or not) jumped my butt! I shouldn't judge their culture,

FC

If you bring someone up all their life and teach them "not to judge" to "accept" than their core value becomes acceptence "I am ok ..you are oK".

Look at the word "discriminate" it meant to distinguish between things...judgement...

now it is defined as "to show favor unjustly" as you don't want to discriminate, do you?"

any form of value judgemen between groups has become a form of "nazism".

If those women were in their late 20's to late 50's, I would be surprised if they acted anyother way.

Karl

Guest Guest_BEJ_*

Cool topic and one that could go on for a long time. We all make many judgements every day, and without them, we would not be able to "discriminate" between right and wrong.

Cultural expression, such as "evil Islam", is easily seen in Muslim countries. Let a Muslim beat his wife in this country and he'll find out very quickly that his "culture" isn't worth two cents IF IT'S IN CONFLICT WITH OUR LAWS.

" IF IT'S IN CONFLICT WITH OUR LAWS"

I can see a point being made that we are in THEIR country (with their laws).

Or am I wrong?

fritz