Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Smith & Wesson Model 66

swamprat

Ok I know I said I was going to sell all my guns and quit fighting the gun grappers however I've had a change of heart. Screw them!

I need to know how well a S&W model 66 stainless holds up against rust. I've seen some stainless pistols rust up because of the type of stainless used. Do S&W 66's rust. The reason for asking is, this is my choice for a concealed carry. It is quite expensive ( for me) and if it's going to rust from sweat I will look at something else.

Thanks for any input

Swamprat

• 2 weeks later...
Ok I know I said I was going to sell all my guns and quit fighting the gun grappers however I've had a change of heart. Screw them!

I need to know how well a S&W model 66 stainless holds up against rust. I've seen some stainless pistols rust up because of the type of stainless used. Do S&W 66's rust. The reason for asking is, this is my choice for a concealed carry. It is quite expensive ( for me) and if it's going to rust from sweat I will look at something else.

Thanks for any input

Swamprat

I often carry a 3" Model 66. I own two of them, with one being a car gun for my son and the other being a carry piece for me. I also own a 4" that has been a range gun. My car gun is a 4" 686. None have ever given me any rust.

Clemson