Military Firearm Restoration Corner

run two sites concurrently?

FC

I wish I knew of a site that was easy to set up and reliable, but I don't. Does anybody know of one?

A thought would be to re-set the forums on EZ and run two boards concurrently. If one is down, heck, go to the other!

I do have a major issue to deal with. Right now I'm on a "trial" site that has poster limitations. I am into the complaint process with my credit card company over the hosting dude of this service. What will happen when I win? Will this shut down?

Tony,

SnipersParadise uses Invision software to run their forum, so it must be the actual server box that is crapping out on us.

These guys are expensive, at 120 bucks a year, http://www.invisionzone.com/ but they are the same company that built this software, so in my mind they are the most likely candidate to fix a problem if it arises.

However, I think that as soon as the host for this sight gets off his fourth point of contact and upgrades the account all bugs will go away.

Jimro

Hopefully we're just experiencing some temporary awkward growing pains here.

I think two sites is a bad idea - it will dilute information. Also, Hardboards has really pissed me off. I dislike even lurking on one of their sites - it makes me feel like I'm supporting crooks.