Military Firearm Restoration Corner

22-250 Chileano

Like most sea stories this one starts w/ "This is no shite"

post-272-1179343186_thumb.jpg

post-272-1179343012_thumb.jpg

Got this in a really good deal.... Gonna take the bbl off and put it on a K.Kale [soon as I find a rcvr priced right] Wonder what the thought was??? Probably wasn't shot ,, as the bolt handle was cut off when I got it! I have shot it w/ cast bullets [only] and I think it could make into a fair shooter, on the right action... Take That Kenny!!!!

I've got a 91 with a 22-250 barrel on it. Shot it a few times before I heard I shouldn't. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it.

Thought about putting it on a turk. Barrel is too short and thin for a PD rig. Sits in the corner now.

that is some barrel! what's she weigh?

Dunno!!! The piece weighs abt 10.5 lbs as she sets... I'll probably weigh the barrel when I take it off... MV

Like most sea stories this one starts w/ "This is no shite"

post-272-1179343186_thumb.jpg

post-272-1179343012_thumb.jpg

Got this in a really good deal.... Gonna take the bbl off and put it on a K.Kale [soon as I find a rcvr priced right] Wonder what the thought was??? Probably wasn't shot ,, as the bolt handle was cut off when I got it! I have shot it w/ cast bullets [only] and I think it could make into a fair shooter, on the right action... Take That Kenny!!!!

Not a bad looking rig. I don't see why it wouldn't work with reducded loads.

Except if something should happen to you and someone else with less expertise ends up with it.

That looks like a reasonable effort to me.

Nice bolt handle!

The stock without the barrel is toast, so why not go with it? You don't have to load it up to have a nice varminter and I bet you could still get long range velocities with 50 gr bullets.

You guys are gonna get to me!!!!!!! I am indeed gonna shoot up a bunch of cast bullets that I have. Just as it is.

Struggling w/ the Bolt.... Will show ya pics if ya wanna see 'em!! MV

post-272-1179497515_thumb.jpg

Nother pic of the Bolt! Power sagged while I was sending the other!!! Got me screwed-up!!

Having issues w/ pitts in the darn weld on em... Heck the one handle is pitted worse than the weld!!

Work in progress!!!

post-272-1179508122_thumb.jpg