Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Victory by Airpower

karlunity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "shock and awe" types are at it again!

This time it is Iran we must take out before they get WMDs.

We can win without "boots on the ground".

Air power alone will bring them to their knees.

Now, I don't like Iran. I recall the "hostage" issue under Carter.

I think we SHOULD have taken Iran out before Saddam.

Any one with half a brain knows that Iran is the center of gravity for the Islamic rebirth.

The problem is that we just don't have the troops.

Assume that the Ayatollahs roll over and fall back on people's war, where are we going to get the troops to run Iran?

Most of the Army and Marine Corps is at work, enlistments are down and the Doves are already at work?

If we take out Iran, we are gonna need grunts and we just don't have any to spare.

Karl

Life is simple.

Guest Guest_TYRVR

There seems to be no shortage of ex-Marines, how about inducting all those beer-bellyed loudmouth ex jarheads who all claim to have been snipers and killed thousands of dinks at a thousand yards? That would mean we would never have to do house to house or other dangerous urban operations......just drop off all those "snipers" a thousand yards from Tehran and the other major cities and let them slay-away, I have heard that one marine is worth any ten G.I.s....so it stands to reason that a marine should be worth at least five sailors and seven air force personnel too, so .....doing the math, each ex jarhead claims to be worth twenty two other service people, that means to put a hundred thousand snipers in Iran we only need to recall 4,545 or so ex-marines, again doing the math, if each of these snipers kills a thousand Iranians from a thousand yards........there would be......4,545,000 stinking, rotting carcasses littering the Iranian countryside in no time at all.

Well...A doggy who sees the light...and can count..will wonders never cease rolleyes.gif

We Marines, are of course, worth many of the other lesser types but being the polite fellas and ladies that we are, we seldom speak of our greatness. smile.gif

Karl

Guest Guest_TYRVR

Uhhh .....don't you mean that you seldom speak of ANYTHING BUT your greatness? hey, get the chicken to move us down to the "Fighting Words" room and maybe we can expand our discussion to some of those great Navy"Smeals" and the "chAirborne Ranger" and "Green Bean-rats" that seem to have single handedly wiped out half the V.C. and ALL the N.V.A.