Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Browning 1922

Doble Troble

Guys,

In my new pistol obsession with trying to freak the action pistol shooters out (the Star 9 mm Largo functioned flawlessly by the way, but my internet provider still hasn't resumed ftp service so no pix for me still - a change may be coming) I've recently purchased an old Browning 1922 in 32 ACP. Its got Nazi markings which are cool and seems in good shape. It came with two magazines that hold 9 rounds each and I bought 3 more from Sarco that look almost new - this should get me through every concievable stage of our pistol matches. Of course some tinkering will probably (hopefully!) be required.

My question is, the slide closes on an empty magazine - all five. Is this right? I know that some of these late-war pistols didn't have a magazine safety - and mine is one of these. Is this the problem?

Thanks for any info!

DT

My Dad has a Browning .32,and I've shot it a lot years ago,and I really don't think the slide stayed open after the last shell.I can remember the first time I saw an auto lock stay open when empty,and I had been shooting Dads a fews years before that.Hope someone can give you a possitive answer.Jerry