Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Any Snowmobile Experts Out There?

donmarkey

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say negative ground. There hasn't been a positive ground system out since well before 1973, and certainly everything from Japan in that era was negative ground.

That's what I thought but, I'm having problems with getting it running. The motor has been out of the sled to long for me to remember. The battery wire that goes to the solinoid and then to the starter is black and the one that was grounded is black with a yellow stripe. I ordered a repair manual, I guess I'll just have to wait to see.

-Don

That's what I thought but, I'm having problems with getting it running. The motor has been out of the sled to long for me to remember. The battery wire that goes to the solinoid and then to the starter is black and the one that was grounded is black with a yellow stripe. I ordered a repair manual, I guess I'll just have to wait to see.

-Don

Don,

Talked to my Uncle last night, he's fixed or rebuilt just about everything that runs on snow. After talking to him, it sounds like you're on the right track. He suggested talking to a dealer about a shop manual or ordering a repair manual as a place to start.

Pat

Don: I ain't too smart... so what I would do is Not wire it yet... Run it [most are on a magneto and will run w/ no wiring, if not, Run 'er "total loss"] Even if you have to go w/ the good ole wound string to start it! Check what polarity comes Out.. while running... Good luck.. MV