Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Amature Gun Builders Bible Found On Auction

bilurey

This is an auction in which I have no vested interes. This is the finest book for newby thru moderately advanced gun nuts like us. Written in the 1930s when much of the high priced electric/electronic equiptment was not available it shows how to do everything by hand (excepting rebarreling, which gives simple lathe intructions, and arc welding, again with instructions). This will reduce your intital learning period from a few years of slogging about to a few months of superior instruction. In addition, his absolute insistance on near perfection will instantly lift you above the Bubba class of otherwise well-intentioned beginners. If I had no other book, this would be my first, as I look back at 40 years of experience in playing with rifles. I ultimately learned to get my advise from the real experts: G&H, Fisher, Burgess, Jaeger, ect. These are a scarce item, this is second I have seen in the past 5 years. Good luck, Bill.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=77322925