Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Old Stores

FC

Tony, you find some wild stuff. I used to wet S&H green stamps and stick them in the books for my mom when I was a kid. She traded them in for stuff, but I don't recall the items. That was just a little while ago!!!! LOL.

The last place I know of that gave out stamps was truck stops.They were doing it maybe 15 years ago.S&H Greenstamps had redemption stores in Denton and Shermon Tex. that were about the size of a 7-11 store,but in the pre-Wal-mart and Kmart days,we thought it was a good size store.The catalog was as good as anybodies back then.I spent hours looking at all the camping equipment and canoes that only took a million or jillion stamps.Everything was measured in books.Nothing counted until it was a book.I remember Greenstamps,Frontier(Tom Thumb stores),Buccaneer,and Gold something.With so little cooking going on these days,maybe McDonalds or Jack-in-the-Crack should give out stamps.Jerry