Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Security Features

FC

I've noticed that there's not been spam lately. Are you folks having to type in letters and numbers like you do on some sites to post? What I'm talking about is the computer-fooling deal where you re-type warped numbers and lettters?

I'm thinking about allowing automatic approval of new users if that is the case. I'm having to approve every single new user, it seems, even though they supposedly do it through email. That may or may not be a good idea.

Probably unrelated, but what I have noticed lately is that after I have typed out and posted a message, I sometimes get a "I'm sorry, but an error has occured. Your message has been saved". I have to copy and paste it again.

But no other change, not even having to log-in again every few days like it was a few months ago.

fritz

I have to log in every time,but not the squiggly letters and numbers.No big deal,but automatic log-in was nice.The thing fritz is talking about happened to me a while back and only on one part of the board.I think it was WTB WTT.Hasn't done it since.Jerry

Is anybody else having the problem Fritz is having? I haven't had that happen to me.

I've had that same problem as fritz, aslo, unless I'm logged in I can't view any of the site.

I have to log in to get to the site also. No biggie. I thought that was done cause we were getting spammed. I also was getting the "sorry an error..." message some time back when I would post a reply, but it seems to have stopped.

I've had that same problem as fritz, aslo, unless I'm logged in I can't view any of the site.

Same here, I have to log in every time or I cannot even view the site.