Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Husky 1640

z1r

Here a re a few pics of a Husky 1640 I am rebarreling to .270 Win. I also replaced the old bolt handle and fitted a three position safety. Next I will add front and rear sights and a barrel band swivel stud. The pics show the bolt handle still kind of rough. I just rough shaped it so I could send the owner some pics to be sure it was what he wanted. I got the OK so I'll finish it up and polish, then finish the rest next week. I'll post some pics of it when completed. This is going to be one sweet little rifle. As it sits it weighs a mere 4.5 lbs. Tha's more than a half pound less that your typical light weight 98.

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

Here is a bonus. I saw this spry young fellow while out hiking with the family this morning. A nice young mulie.

DSC00275.jpg

Ken,

I like the fact that I can spend other people's money. All my own creations have budgetary restraints.

The latest project is .338-06 on an Argentine 1909. It will be an octagon abrrel, blind magazine, skeleton grip cap, trapdoor buttplate, the whole nice yards.