Military Firearm Restoration Corner

good quote

odies dad

"Pakistan test-fired its first cruise missile Thursday in a blatant attempt to intimidate India. It flies beneath radar. If they attacked India with a nuclear cruise missile it could wipe out the entire United States customer service industry." --Argus Hamilton

Don't ya just HATE talking to "Alex" in India? You ask for someone in the U.S. and you get a real live human version of a answering machine?

FC.

Those of you who have kids had best stand by!

They are going to find it very hard to get a good job in 10 years.

When the factory jobs of our dad's time went overseas, we were told not to worry, The Third Wave' the information revolution, would provide professional work for all and for a while it did.

Now John or Mary in fifth grade are competing with every child in China, India, and Europe for future work.

The market is run by the hard rule of Darwin..If Ramer and Chin are learning history which make them proud of their nation and instill hard work as an ideal, if they master science, math and reading, while John and Mary learn "what is fun", how to feel good about their personhood,' John and Mary are going to be cleaning the homes of Ramer and Chin.

The "good" jobs in the Burger joints are gonna be done by robots!!!!!

If you love your children, you had better insure they go to a hard school.

Karl

I have to agree with the fact that our customer service (such as it is) will go down the drain if we lose residents of India etc.

Just the other day, I called customer service at Dish Network asking about my satellite programing. I was talking to a girl that had a very limited knowledge of the English language. She also had a limited knowledge of the company's business, it seems.

I was promised three months of free HBO, Showtime, and Starz (a $30 per month savings). She told me my free 3 months would end on 9-27-05. I told her that I wanted to cancel the movies before then.

Guess what? I got a bill yesterday with the $30 added in. Not only do they not speak good English, they lie.

But I guess they do that to keep their measely jobs. Honesty was never a requirement for a customer service employee.

To the contrary.

fritz